Summer has already arrived in many parts of the country and is just around the corner here in the Northwest; shorts, skirts and dresses are slowly emerging from their winter hibernation. Many people, myself included, suffer from sensitive skin that is easily irritated by shaving. I came upon an article that promotes shaving with unprocessed, organic extra virgin olive oil to avoid the irritation that can come from the harsh chemicals found in many shaving products. As you prepare your gams (or your face) for summer, try this shaving technique to save your skin!
How to Shave with Olive Oil:
– Purchase organic extra virgin olive oil at your local grocer – skip the ‘light’ versions as they are usually quite processed and contain chemicals. Invest in a small bottle specifically for the bathroom; cross contamination from the kitchen is less than hygienic and certainly not advised.
– Use a small, pea sized amount and lather your skin. Remember, less is more!
– Cover the area you wish to shave with oil using your hands to ensure even coverage. Olive oil is a natural lubricant that contains Vitamin E; it will protect your skin from nicks and cuts while providing moisture.
– Shave slowly as you adjust to the new medium. Olive oil is a great lubricant, however it can be quite painful if it gets into a cut.
– Once you have shaved your legs (or face), consider a post shave application of Sweet Almond Oil for extra smoothness.
– To keep your razor in prime condition, dip it in olive oil post shave. This will prevent your razor from rusting.
Wiki-How, How to Shave with Olive Oil