One of my favorite foods in college was a Falafel sandwich. I’m not sure if you are familiar with this Middle Eastern sandwich, but it’s absolutely delicious! The process of making a falafel sandwich at home was always daunting. Making the batter for the falafels themselves and then frying them seemed overwhelming and time consuming. Not to mention the task of making homemade Tahini sauce – which I have attempted successfully in the past, but not something I have time for on a regular weeknight. I have found a few places in Seattle that serve up these sandwiches, but I always question the quality of the ingredients used.
This is my version of the beloved falafel sandwich.
Simple Falafel Sandwiches
Greek Pita Bread – I used a variety made by a local baker
Annie’s Organic Goddess Dressing
Sunshine Burgers, Falafel Patties
Organic Spring Salad mix
A small amount of oil or butter
Hot sauce (optional)
1. Place the Sunshine Burger Falafel Patties in the oven per the instruction on the box. Use one patty per sandwich.
2. Lightly oil the pita, and cook on a hot skilled until each side is slightly browned.
3. Place minced garlic over the cooked Falafel Patty, and slice into strips.
4. Transfer the patty to the cooked pita, add Spring salad mix, cucumber, tomato, onion and Goddess dressing.
5. Fold into thirds and enjoy!
This recipe is quick, easy and delicious! Bon Appetit!