I created this recipe to capture the magic of Fall in a cookie. Specifically, in a gluten free, vegan cookie. Pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread (which I also have a gluten free recipe for…), pumpkin seeds, pumpkin picking, pumpkin spiced egg nog – basically all things pumpkin – are very high on my list of things to enjoy in the fall. I wanted to create a cookie that not only embodied my favorite flavors but also took dietary restrictions into consideration. This cookie tastes like pie and crumbles like a cookie. It doesn’t get much better than that.
- 15oz of organic pumpkin (I used a canned version)
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tbsp sorgum flour
- 3 tbsp Agave
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp gluten free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients well. The mixture will be sticky, but not as sticky as traditional cookie dough.
- Use a rounded tablespoon to place the dough on a lined cookie sheet. Flatten the dough to a two inch diameter. Leave 1/2 inch between cookies.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool to room temperature then refrigerate overnight to allow them to set. The cookies will be soft but still well formed.
Leave comments below if you have questions/substitutions/suggestions. Enjoy!