February Tea, Lovelixir #2
“Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea.”
– Henry Fielding, “Love in Several Masques”
Love is in the air. With Valentine’s day just around the corner a little Lovelixir couldn’t hurt. Brew a cup to share with your love interest. Warm cinnamon and cacao tempted with the flowers of Damiana make this tea the perfect cup for two sweethearts.
Turnera diffusa (Damiana) is a well known aphrodisiac and a stimulating nervine which combines well with the exhaustion fighting, nutritive properties found in Avena sativa (Oat pods). Cinnamomum (Cinnamon), Elettaria cardamomum (Cardamom) and Pimpinella anisum (Anise) add a romantic spice. Fresh vanilla bean and Cacao nibs add familiar flavors and an irresistible aroma.
Brew a cup (or a kettle) and share it with the one you love.
- 1 tablespoon Turnera diffusa (Damiana)
- 1/2 tablespoon Avena sativa (Oat pods)
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamomum (Cinnamon)
- 2 teaspoons Cacao nibs
- 1/2 teaspoon each Elettaria cardamomum (Cardamom) and Pimpinella anisum (Anise)
- 1 inch piece of fresh vanilla bean chopped into smaller pieces
Combine all of the ingredients in a tea diffuser. Steep in 8 oz of hot water for 15 minutes. Breathe in, sip slowly and enjoy.